See Matt. See Matt blog. Blog, Matt, blog.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

As I head to China

This is a very unassuming beginning to what I hope will be a pretty substantial blog. I hope to use Matt's Myth to chronicle my travels in China, including my tenure as a professor of English Literature at Zhanjiang Normal University.


It's 11:02 pm, the night before I leave. At 7:50am, I'll fly out of Philly International, stop for a 12-hour layover at LAX, and then fly to Hong Kong. When I step off the plane at the end of this 23-hour flight, my life will have changed.


It's going to be one hell of a year.

2 comments:

Matthew Fitzgerald said...

i miss you alweady bwothew :( I hope you love it there as much as I love you <3

PatrickJFSmith said...

I can't beleive how much I miss you. But my happiness for you outweighs my sadness. I am happy that you will have a great time and some life changing experiences. I hope to come out this january for the new year to see you. Mom says I might if I don't get any presents for Christmas. I'll Come for two weeks and hang out for the new year. I hope you have a great time, I know you will. Don't get too homesick, just remember, you'll see me in 4 months. Have fun Matt! I love you.
-Patch