See Matt. See Matt blog. Blog, Matt, blog.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

You won't get anythin' done by plannin'

My laptop's backlight has died. Thanks for nothing, Toshiba. Four years with my old Satellite laptop, and I had no problems; less than five months with this one, and the inverter crapped out and now I can't see anything on the screen. So I've gotta send it back to the states and get it repaired while it's under warranty (they better pay for shipping, the bastards), but I'd rather try and turn it over to CompUSA and just get my money back. Five months in, and a major problem like this (that needs replacement parts), does not instill long-term confidence.

But I digress.

The Ricky Gervais Show is (... obviously) a fantastic podcast. You can hear a quick bunch of the holiday Podfather trilogy, but check out some torrent sites to download the rest of the shows.

Go see Children of Men. I got a great quality bootleg (audio is about a six or seven, visuals are a ten), and it is one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Alfonso CuarĂ³n just shot on to my radar after a stunning fall from grace as a result of the craptacular Great Expectations.

I need to buy some more Chinese New Year cards and send them out on time.

I also need to plan my trip for the February holiday. I'm thinking some traveling around some small places in China and, if I can swing it, a week in Cambodia. Angkor Wat looks simply unlike anything I have ever seen before.

I spent yesterday writing a letter to the man who is more or less my boss, telling him why one of my classes was, shall I say, unsuccessful. And now I'm plowing through a metric assload (as opposed to an English assload) of marking: journals, senior graduation papers, and so on. Lotta stuff to get through, lotta coffee to drink, and with my computer more or less unusable, I've been throwing on films instead of music for background noise. Which means I watch about as much as I mark, and I've blown through the Back to the Future trilogy with ease. Love those films.

No comments: